FormaHoof™ Barefoot is an innovative podiatry system to support and mimic the natural form and function of the hoof. It has a thin profile which provides the horse with comfort and support without the need for nails or glue.
The FormaHoof™ Barefoot mould is placed around the hoof wall. The FormaHoof™ AP Resin is then injected into specifically designed holes in the mould. As the resin flows into the mould, it forms a continuous shape.
The FormaHoof™ Barefoot system is designed for many different applications and disease processes. See below the potential applications:
- If you have a horse with healthy feet and want to protect the hooves from excessive wear. This maybe a broodmare, paddock or spelling horse, trail riding, equestrian sports such as dressage, showjumping, eventing, barrel racing or even a horse in training at a thoroughbred racing facility
- If you have a horse with seedy toe that requires stabilisation
- If you have a horse with a quarter crack that needs repairing
- If you have a horse with a club foot that needs some added depth under the tip of the pedal bone
- If you have a horse with crushed heels that requires frog support
- If you have a horse with either acute or chronic laminitis and require support and pain reduction
This is just a short list of the common diseases that have been treated with the FormaHoof™ Barefoot system. There are many other applications which have been trialled throughout the global horse community.